Faculty Fellows: Grant Writing and Research 2017-2018
The Center for Teaching & Learning is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for faculty interested in being part of the Grant Writing & Research Cohort. This fellow is geared towards those faculty who are interested in writing a grant proposal and/or those who have started a grant proposal and wish to improve and complete it. There are six available openings for the Grant Writing and Research fellows.
At a minimum, participating faculty members will be required to:
- Attend 6 out of the 8 workshop provided, 3 are mandatory.
|MWF – 12:30-1:20 p.m.
Center for Teaching & Learning
|October 23, 2017 – Mandatory||Introduction to Grant Writing: Getting Started|
|November 1, 2017||The OSR & IA at CUH: Funding Sources & How We can Help|
|December 1, 2017 – Mandatory||Developing the Proposal Narrative|
|December 6, 2017||Ethics and the IRB|
|January 29, 2018||Evaluation Plans: Aligning Objects to the Narrative|
|March 12, 2018||Creating the Biosketch|
|April 16, 2018||Tips on Creating a Budget|
|May 2, 2018 – Mandatory||Final Questions & Deliverable Reminders|
- Have access to a mobile device at each workshop. Devices (iPads or laptops) will be used to work on grant proposals as part of each workshop.
- Complete a grant proposal by the end of the Title III funding year (Sept. 30, 2018) with intent to submit. (Note: actual submission is not required but is highly recommended.)
Each participant will receive a $2,500 stipend at the end of the project, following the submission of the deliverables explained above (grant proposal) and attendance at 6 of the 8 workshops; including the 3 mandatory ones on 10/23/17, 12/1/17, and 5/2/18.
To apply, interested faculty should submit the following:
- Our online application form: https://goo.gl/forms/ySV5y5UMLfCsB9Jx1
- Have your Dean or Director email their support of your proposed plan. Email should be sent to: email@example.com.
All applications will be open on August 23, 2017 and close on Sept. 23, 2017. Faculty should expect to begin working on their projects in October 2017. Stipends will be paid through payroll, less any applicable taxes.