Faculty Fellows in Teaching and Learning & Assessment 2017-2018
The Center for Teaching & Learning is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for faculty interested in being a Teaching, Learning & Assessment Faculty Fellow. There are four fellowships available for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Teaching, Learning & Assessment Fellows are designed to either enhance and/or assess student learning at Chaminade University. There is great room for innovation or contribution in this area, and it is up to the applicant to propose work aligned with the Title III funded fellow goals.
Per the Title III grant expected outcomes, preference will be given to projects that:
- Include SoTL manuscript preparation and submission for publication;
- Prepare and/or enhance Institutional and Program Assessment Plans;
- Create an instructional environment that reflects appropriate, relevant and meaningful (ARM) instructional technology integration;
- Increase the use of innovative active learning methods and teaching tools;
- Create interactive electronic learning objects; and
- Increase undergraduate research by creating a process for students to select and engage in research and experiential learning.
What is Required of the Fellow?
At a minimum, the Faculty Fellows will be required to:
- Offer one workshop in either the Spring or Fall semesters, or at a Faculty Retreat, during the Title III funding year (Oct. 2017-Sept. 2018).
- Produce a tangible artifact related to the work accomplished during the fellow funding year. (Note: tangible artifacts might include a summary of the work accomplished during the funding year. The summary can be in the form of a short paper, an electronic learning object , such as a video or resources for the CTL website, or even an infographic.
- Deliver on any other project or service as outlined in the faculty fellow application.
Each award recipient will receive a $2,500 stipend at the end of the project, by September 30, 2018, following the submission and review of the tangible scholarly products and presentations agreed to at the start of the program.
- Interested faculty should complete our online application form: https://goo.gl/forms/IwGIr8oXoHAdraAf2
- Have your Dean or Director email their support of your proposed plan. Email should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be open on August 23, 2017 and close on Sept. 23, 2017. Faculty should expect to begin working on their projects in October 2017. Stipends will be paid through payroll, less any applicable taxes.