Higher Education Certification Fellows 2018-2019
The Center for Teaching and Learning is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for faculty interested in being part of the 2018-19 Higher Education Certification fellows. There are six spaces available, and we would ideally have at least one faculty member each of the five schools or divisions.
What does it mean to be an educator at Chaminade University? How do we integrate the Chaminade mission, vision, and values in our teaching? How do we leverage institutional resources to improve teaching and learning? The Higher Education Certification Program provides faculty an opportunity to engage with a breadth of Chaminade-focused topics over the course of the grant year, reflect on the experiences, apply it to their teaching, and to engage with a cohort of faculty in periodic meetings to discuss their experiences.
Each fellow will receive a $1000 stipend at the end of the project, following the submission of deliverables by the stated deadlines (see below).
What is Required of the Fellow?
The program begins in October 2018 and ends in August 2019. Periodic meetings will be scheduled on a bi-monthly basis. Cohort members must complete the following:
- Attend ONE C.T.L. workshop from EACH of the following series:
- Digital creativity & effective visuals for teaching and learning
- Marianist education and how to integrate characteristics of Marianist education in teaching
- Native Hawaiian language and culture (these begin in Spring)
- Student Engagement & the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Attend at least one cohort meeting in Fall and one in Spring.
- At the end of Fall 2018 (December 31, 2018), commit to implementing one new practice in the Spring semester.
- Submit a brief reflection paper about the experience (changes made to your teaching praxis, lessons learned, goals for future development) by August 31, 2019.
Interested faculty should complete our online application form: https://goo.gl/forms/PSoZ1qbsgHpHlm4D3
Applications are due by September 28, 2018. Faculty should expect to begin participating in this program in October 2018. Stipends will be paid through payroll, less any applicable taxes.