Teaching & Learning
- Open Educational Resources
- Active Learning
- Beloit College Mindset List – with additional information for Hawai’i
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Online Teaching
- Service-Learning Faculty Resources
- Teaching Squares
- Center for Teaching & Learning Resource Library
- Faculty Handbook – the University’s personnel policy manual for faculty members.
Free Online Professional Development Sources
- Coursera – many, many free Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
- Smithsonian EdX – free MOOCs on everything from history to science to pop culture, including one on superheroes with lectures from Stan Lee.
An introduction to Second Life, including welcome videos, setting up an account, and basic functions. Available through Chaminade University’s Library Research Guides.
Smarthinking Faculty Handbook (PDF)
How to Redesign
From the National Center for Academic Transformation (NCAT), an independent, not-for-profit organization providing leadership in using information technology to redesign learning environments. Course redesign resources include free webinars, project models and how to guides.
Teaching and Learning Toolbox
This site is dedicated to providing technology resources and industry tips to help you integrate technology into the classroom. Topics include: hardware, software, apps and pedagogy
USF Workshop Resources
A number of useful handouts on active learning, interaction in large lecture halls, Canvas best practices, classroom management, course redesign, group assignments, effective lectures, and more, shared by the University of South Florida.
2016 NMC Horizon Report – Higher Ed Edition
Online video tutorials and training, CUH membership/authentication is required.
Create video presentations using your CUH Gmail account.